Jamie from I Look Good Today tagged me in a getting-to-know-you post, which is great because it’s exactly what my brain can handle writing right now. Plus, I love the questions she asked. (If you don’t know Jamie, check out her blog. She’s happy and sassy and her “From where I sit” series about what it’s like to be in a wheelchair is open and honest and totally enlightened.)
Here are the 11 questions she asked and my answers:
1. What is your motto in life?
Live the life you’re meant to.
2. Are you a morning or night person?
Neither, really. More a morning person, although that has taken a swift kick in the ass since Connor was born. Is there such thing as a 9 a.m. person? Because that would be me.
3. Favorite childhood story?
A while ago my mom pulled a whole bunch of our childhood books out of storage to read with Connor. I’ve loved the nostalgia that comes with seeing those books again, but I don’t know which is my favourite. The one that jumps out at me is A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle, which is having its 50th anniversary this year. I really want to read that again, although I’m afraid I won’t like it as much as I remember.
4. What is the farthest road trip you have ever taken?
Right after my husband and I got together we travelled together in Australia. At the end of that trip we spent 30 hours (straight) on a bus getting from Cairns to Surfer’s Paradise. I think that will always hold the title for longest road trip, even if I drive farther, because 30 hours on a bus is just a ridiculous amount of time. Thankfully we didn’t want to kill each other at the end of it or that might have been it for our relationship.
5. What collection do you have right now?
Not surprisingly, I’m unintentionally collecting a variety of bird-related stuff. My sister got me an awesome wall hanging/candle holder for Christmas – I’d show it to you but it’s still packed. Ahem.
6. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke, no contest.
7. What is your favorite table or board game?
I like Monopoly, although I don’t play much. My husband and I have a tradition of playing Scattergories with a friend, but I think I like it more for the fun we have and less for the game itself. In other words, I suck at Scattergories and they’re quite
8. Do you have any piercings/tattoos?
Just ear piercings – one on the left and two on the right. I did once piece my ear on the middle of the outer edge (if that makes any sense). It was not a good experience. Just ask my dad, who had the pleasure of ripping the earring out when I couldn’t take the pain anymore.
I don’t have a tattoo…yet. I figured I was past the point where I was likely to get one, but I want one to commemorate my life-changing PPD experience. Here’s my current batch of tattoo inspiration. (Got any other ideas?)
9. Favorite smell?
The smell of clean laundry when it’s in the dryer, except we don’t use dryer sheets anymore so I have to content myself with walking underneath other people’s dryer vents.
10. How do you feel most loved?
This is a total tired-mom answer, but when someone does something to give me a break without me having to ask. In the blog world, those random comments, hellos, and compliments are totally soul-enriching.
11. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Lately, almost every day. It’s exhausting. I actually do things (both significant and not) for the first time all the time. I take it for granted now, but it’s a great way to live.
Now it’s my turn to tag 11 others and give them 11 questions to answer. But first…
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about herself on his/her blog.
- Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- You must choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
- Go to each blogger’s page and mention that you have tagged him/her.
- Merry at Merry With Children
- Story at Sometimes It’s Hard
- Kim at All Work and No Play
- Leighann at Multitasking Mumma
- Sue at Cookie’s Chronicles
- Natalie at Life on the Mama Track
- Kimberly at Mama’s Monologues
- Jessica at My Time As Mom
- Rach at Life Ever Since
- Molly at A Day in Mollywood
- Eric at I Can’t Brain
My 11 questions for them to answer are:
- What’s your superpower?
- What blog do you never miss? (And you can’t say mine because (a) that would be BS and (b) this is not me fishing for compliments.)
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
- Do you consider yourself a “blogger” or a “writer”?
- What was your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?
- What’s the most embarrassing song in your collection?
- Are you shy?
- How do you prioritize yourself in your own life?
- Where do you stand on chocolate?
- What’s your biggest source of inspiration (other than your family, etc.)?
- What do you hope to do this year that you’re really excited about?
Tag, you’re it!