Welcome to Grace in Small Things #9: The Nighttime Nursing edition. In the spirit of thankfulness, an extended version today.
If I have to be up to feed Ethan several times a night I may as well find things to be thankful about, right? Luckily it’s not terribly hard:
- Baby smiles.
- Peeking in at Connor and tucking him in again when he’s kicked the covers off.
- Watching the snow accumulate.
- Being able to turn the dryer on again when the duvet is in there and it needs more time. (Hey, I take whatever opportunity I can get.)
- Having visits from the dog who sometimes wakes up to say hello.
- Having the opportunity to keep reading a book I’m enjoying.
- Taking the opportunity to pee.
- Getting to see tweets from the Aussies and Brits, who I usually otherwise miss.
- Experiencing late-night enlightenment.
- Finding a new blog to read and clicking a link to find another one and another one and getting lost in Internet-land.
- Baby smiles. (Worth noting twice.)