I have nearly 10 years’ experience as a writer, speaker, and communications professional. My experience in the last few years has focused on my two passions— motherhood and mental health—and I use my solid standing in many different communities to explore, share, and promote these topics.
My specialties include motherhood, parenting, postpartum depression and mental health, careers, communications and social media.
Being a parent is HARD. Being a mom with postpartum depression especially so. The world is full of pressure to be a Pinterest-worthy parent, but the truth is that no one is Pinterest-perfect. Not even the parents whose “perfect” houses and magazine-pretty crafts you see there. Why can’t we just be real about what being a parent is like? I like to share real stories and suggestions that will help parents everywhere remember that they’re not alone and that if your kid thinks you don’t know how to make a snowman it’s okay.
I’ve got lots of experience in (and passion for) writing about postpartum depression, mental health, motherhood and parenting. I’m currently a contributing writer at:
- I have been syndicated on BlogHer.com.
- I was named one of the most influential mom blogs by SavvyMom in 2013.
- I was named one of Canada’s Top 10 Mom Bloggers by Reader’s Digest in 2012.
- In 2012, I received third place in the Canadian Weblog Awards in three categories: best written, best life blog, best family/parenting blog.
- I was also a finalist in the 2011 Canadian Weblog Awards.
In 2011 I did a TEDx talk about how using art (writing, in my case) can help us break down the barriers to mental health and provide people with a voice.
In addition to being a TEDx speaker, my speaking experience includes conferences and workshops across North America, for which I’ve received consistently high ratings (available upon request).
Get in touch!
To get in touch about writing or speaking opportunities, email email@example.com.